None of us can read minds. Sometimes we try to based on our knowledge of the situation or the individuals involved. It is obviously much easier if it is clearly communicated on a timely basis but that is not always the case.
From time to time it is important to understand what the executives in your organization and in your industry are thinking. What issues keep them up at night? Some leaders will communicate to their associates on strategies and goals and others do not.
This article, 8 things on the minds of Supply Chain Executives was in the Material Handling and Logistics publication last week. Here are the highlights from the article.
- Talent: Finding and retaining the right people is critical to a company’s success.
- The customer: Understanding what your customer’s needs are and help them know where the costs are to comply with their requests.
- Agility: There is a strong desire for increasing agility in the supply chain.
- Technology: Keeping their team equipped with the latest technology and processes is very important.
- Cost: This continues to be a focus for supply chain and procurement. However, in addition to containing or reducing costs, the expectation is for creativity and improved service.
- Regulations and Infrastructure: The list keeps growing and the need to stay current is critical.
- Risk: With global sourcing, there are many more risks to the supply chain. Unexpected interruptions can occur and organizations need to have a plan to manage them.
- Sustainability: This is an area of concentration for many supply chain executives. What is the strategy and how should it be implemented?
Do any of these items surprise you? Did your team concentrate on any one in particular in 2014?
Share your thoughts by commenting below or tweeting us @BuyersMeetPoint