Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 10:00am - 01:30pm
Join the only global event dedicated to sustainable contracting featuring inspiring keynotes and practical case studies from around the world!
Register now and choose the time zone that works for you!
APAC: 3pm - 6:30pm AEST
EMEA / Americas: 3pm - 6:30pm BST / 10am - 1:30pm EDT
Sustainable Contracting: Why You Should Care?
While goals and principles provide the framework for sustainability, they will be achieved through contracts! Our ability to deliver a better world depends on shared commitment and performance - commitments that are clear, performance that is measured. It is the contracting process that binds us together and turns aspirations into reality. Achieving sustainable contracting will require greater collaboration of stakeholders and WorldCC is uniquely positioned in its ability to bring together every trading relationship, from legal to procurement, from commercial to those responsible for sustainability in a wholly inclusive and truly global learning environment.
Who is it for?
Whether you are c-suite, a middle manager or a contracting practitioner, this event is relevant to those who have an active role in the contracting life cycle. Everyone will have a role to play in achieving sustainable contracting. From Chief Sustainability Officers; General Counsel; Chief Procurement Officers; Chief Commercial Officers; Heads of Contract, Legal, Commercial, Procurement and Supply Chain; Heads of Sustainable Procurement and ESG.
Themes to be explored
- Commercial challenges of today's supply chain model
- Creating innovative sustainable contracts
- Public and private sector collaboration for sustainability
- The role of the contracting process, contract terms, collection / analysis of resulting performance data
- Green financing, modern slavery, SME Suppliers, supply chain transparency
- Achieving net-zero targets, supplier diversity, equity & inclusion, sustainable infrastructure
- Implementing social and environmental contract clauses and frameworks
- Circular procurement initiatives
- Negotiating for ESG & prioritizing commercial considerations
- Measuring progress and performance with the right KPIs in place
- Overview of latest regulations in global jurisdictions
- Competition Law and Sustainability
What is sustainable contracting?
Sustainable Contracting the externalization of sustainability goals and targets through contracts.
How is it achieved?
Sustainable contracting is achieved through having the commercial and contracting models and terms needed for delivering on an organizations' sustainability goals and targets.
What is World Sustainable Contracting Day?
World Sustainable Contracting Day is a one-day virtual event, open and free to all, dedicated to tackling the challenges of implementing Environmental, Social and Governance into Commercial & Contracting practices. The follow the sun agenda features thought leading keynotes and practical breakout sessions, where contracting professionals will come to learn and share experiences.